Sample Questions LTOOD
These questions will probably not appear literally on the exam.
Corollary: It is not sufficient to be able to answer these questions to pass the exam!
- Write a java class called Book that has data members author and numberOfPages. Give the data members sensible types.
- Create a method isOpen that has no formal parameters and returns the proper datatype.
- Create two more methods "open" and "close" that actually save whether the book is open.
- Implement "isOpen" to return whether the book is actually open (as indicated by the user with the "open" and "close"
- What is the difference between an interface and a class?
- How are abstract classes and interfaces similar? How are they different?
- Task: Which of the following are true?
- A subclass is a member of its superclass.
- A class can have multiple instances.
- Interfaces can have method implementations.
- C++ allows multiple inheritance.
- Java allows multiple inheritance.
- What is the difference between overloading and overriding?
- In which phases of the RUP would you use model-centric tools?
- In which fundamental way does a general-purpose drawing tools like Visio differ from an actual modeling tool?
- Where would the following entities appear in a Gantt diagram? Peter, write user manager, 10th of July.
- Explain why tools support is important to software development.
- Which different software development methodolgies do you know? Explain each briefly (1-2 sentences)
- Can project management tools and model-centric tools be used in paralell in software development? Why?
- Do you think that MDA will eventually enable you to create a software system without writing a single line of code?
© 2004 STS